Pages

Saturday 29 June 2013

The Artist who died

Hilda-Rose
The Artist who died



Boom! as another brick fell upon the great pyramid of Giza. It was mid summer and we were getting ready for the festival. It was the annual celebration to celebrate the beginning of Tutankhamen becoming Pharaoh Tutankhamen. Everybody danced around filled with joy. But not my father. He was holding some programs for people
to come in and have some art lessons. He was the most greatest artist of all throughout Egypt. Every single person in Egypt was fascinated by his art work.


But then the music stopped, everyone was confused and didn't know what was happening. They thought there was going to be a royal announcement. But no they were wrong.
There were people streaming through the gates armed with arrows and shields. The people of egypt were frightened and started to run all over the place. People were screaming and shouting with fear. They got their barrinarrows and started to shoot the people. No one knew why they were doing this. Most of the kids were were hiding in barrels and finding little spots to hide inside.
And then an arrow went straight inside my father. “ Noooo I cried “. and then Tutankhamen was shot. The people started to cry and yell “ What have we done to deserve this “. As soon as they started crying they left.



For days people have been crying for my father the great artist and also for Tutankhamun. But then I said “ I will take my fathers place “ I said proudly. But no one cared they prayed to Amon and moaned. The next day we were getting ready to put the bodys in the tomb but first we had to embalm them. The high priest was getting ready for the embalming. He got his tools and he began. When the high priest was done he stuffed them with cotton and sowed their body up.
Their were ready to put them into their tombs. “ Wait “I shouted. No one has drawn anything on the tomb. “ Thats right said the high priest . No one has prepared the tombs for Tutankhamun and the great Artist” . Everyone was shocked. “He was the only artist in all of Egypt. But who would do the job”. “ I will “. “ Yes he should do it he is really talented and he has got some really good skills”. Called out the lady. So I got ready and I started to decorate the tombs. I was finished and I looked and I said “what a amazing art”. I recon my father is smiling at me right now”. When I got home I was happy that The people loved my artwork and so did I.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Hilda rose I like your story about how the artist die it is very interesting.

Post a Comment